A Water Softener is filtration equipment that is used to remove hardness-causing mineral ions such as calcium and magnesium from water through a process called ion exchange. Having a water softener plant for home solves one of the most prevalent water problems i.e. hard water. Hard water has high levels of dissolved minerals which cause problems such as scale build-up, damage to appliances, clogging of pipes, etc. The build-up of scale drastically shortens the lifespan of appliances such as water heaters, dishwashers, ice machines, etc. Hard water softener resolves all these problems.
A Water Softener plant for the home works through a process called ion exchange that removes calcium and magnesium minerals from water.
• The hard water flows into the water softener through a control valve and into the mineral tank filled with spherical resin beads.
• The spherical resin beads are negatively charged with a sodium ion and are made up of polystyrene. The calcium and magnesium minerals have a positive charge which is attracted to the negative charge of the resin beads. As the hard water flows through the resin beads, the calcium and magnesium ions are exchanged for sodium ions that are attached to the beads.
• Over time, the resin beads become coated with calcium and magnesium ions and need to be cleaned which is done through a process called regeneration. During regeneration, a brine solution of water and sodium chloride is pumped into the resin tank. The salt breaks the bond between the calcium and magnesium ions and the resin beads and replaces them with sodium ions.
• The brine solution, along with the calcium and magnesium ions, is then flushed out of the resin tank and into a drain.
• The water softener is now ready to soften water again. Softened water flows out of the water softener and into the home's water supply line.
A hard water softener consists of three components i.e. a control valve, a mineral tank, and a brine tank.
The mineral tank is the main chamber of the water softener where the hard water is softened. The hard water is fed into the tank from the water supply line. The hard water flows through the bed of resin beads, depositing calcium and magnesium ions and the soft water exits the tank.
The control valve is used to control the amount of water passing through the mineral tank. The valve consists of a meter to track the volume of water entering the mineral tank. The control valve automatically initiates a regeneration cycle when the capacity of the resin depletes to continue work effectively.
The brine tank is a shorter tank adjacent to the mineral tank that aids the water softener in regeneration. The brine tank contains a solution of salt to restore the charge of resin beads. The salt solution is manually added to the brine tank. If the brine tank runs out of salt, the water passing through the unit will no longer be softened.
Better-tasting water - Water softener for home also improves the unpleasant taste and odor of hard water, making it more enjoyable to drink.
Cleaner and softer laundry - Soft water is better at removing soap and detergent residues, resulting in cleaner, softer clothes and linens.
Reduced usage of soap and detergent - Less amount of soap and detergent is used for cleaning with soft water, which saves money and also reduces the impact on the environment.
Longer-lasting appliances - Using a hard water softener prevents the build-up of scaling in appliances, prolonging the life of appliances.
Improved water flow - Soft water from a water softener prevents the scaling and build-up in pipes, ensuring optimal water flow and pressure.
Water softener for home is a great solution to the hard water problem. They offer several advantages such as cleaner laundry, longer-lasting appliances, better-tasting water, etc. A hard water softener is very useful in households as well as businesses for improving the quality of water and reducing maintenance costs.
If you want to buy the best quality Water Softener then avail the best offer now and buy it from www.pearlwater.in