Q1. What is Carbon and Water Carbon Filter?
Whenever we hear Carbon, our mind automatically forms its appearance as Black, Coal, charcoal, and so on. Although Carbon makes up around 20 percent of the weight of a normal human body. A basic element which is found on earth. We have been using, viewing, and experiencing carbon in very many aspects of life such as Diamond, water Filtration, beauty products, construction and many other. So, the role of carbon is much vast than we think.
Water Carbon Filters on the other hand are Cartridges which are used to filter water through carbon. Here the carbon is not used raw but are technically updated as per the requirement of the filtration.
Carbon Filters are widely used in several type of RO water purification systems where water is treated with carbon granules which are made by combining and processing several things.
Q2. What does a Water Carbon Filter do?
Water Carbon Filter are used to remove distinct types of chemical and impurities from water such as VOCs which are also known as volatile organic compound are usually found in day-to-day environment Example formaldehyde, release of gases from refrigerator, paint thinners, chloroform, dry cleaning agents, etc.
Pre Carbon filters also remove several types of dust, dirt, chemicals such as Chlorine, Lead, Fluoride, Gasoline, Tartaric Acid, Benzene, Acetone, Etc. Removal of Dyes, bleaches and pesticide is also done from the water.
Widely used in more than 90% of water treatment and water filtration. All the domestic water RO are equipped with these Carbon filters as they play a very important role in cleansing the water.
Q3. What are the three main type of Water Carbon Filters?
The three main types of water carbon filters are as follows-
1. GAC Carbon Filter - GAC or Granular Activated Carbon is a type of carbon filter in which carbon granules are not tightly intact between each other or in other words we can say it is the powder form. These are highly intended cartridges of carbon filled granules which are inserted in Different types of Water RO Systems. These Cartridge Filters usually have two openings one for the inlet and one for the outlet. The carbon Granules are loosely filled inside the Filter case and water passes with a specific pressure and flow. GAC carbon filters are used to improve the taste as well as odor from the water. The flow rate of these filters is generally high compared to block filters. The life of these filters is from 6-12 months depending upon the water quality and the consumption.
2. Carbon Block Filter - These filters have a block of carbon granules which are highly compressed which reduces its pore size. Both the carbon filters are made up of same material just the compressibility makes the difference. Carbon block filters are the type of filters which are generally used as Pre-Filter and can excellently filter sediments as well as heavy metals and several other contaminants. Compared to the GAC these filters have a lower flow rate as water passes through a very small pore size. Life expectancy of these filters are also same as GAC which is 6-12 months. The micron capacity rating decides how much deep the filter can purify. Ranges vary from 50 micron to 0.5 micron.
3. Activated Carbon Filter Media – This media comes in a powder form. These are preferred as per the iodine value. Mostly used in Water treatment application for industrial RO systems and ACF Plants in ETP & STP. Treating water with activated carbon is a preferred water treatment technique due to its multifunctional nature. The Iodine Value defines the quality of the Activated Carbon Filter Media.
Q4. Does a RO Carbon Filter reduce TDS from the water?
Definitely NO, Pre Carbon filters does not reduce TDS from the water. TDS stands for Total Dissolved Solids which are generally the concentration of inorganic and organic salts and minerals that are naturally dissolved in the water. This is measured in milligrams per liter. Although gases such as nitrogen, oxygen, etc. which are present in atmosphere can also dissolved in the water, but TDS doesn’t comprise of gases, only dissolved solids. A TDS meter is used to check the quality of water. The safest TDS for consumption is considered to be 0-250. The Filter which is used to remove the TDS is known as RO Membrane.
Q5. Does a Carbon Filter enhance the pH level of the Water?
RO Carbon Filters reduces several types of VOCs which disturb the water pH level. Water with pH of 6.5 to 8.5 is considered to be safe for consumption. The Carbon Filter remove different types of chemicals such as Tartaric acid, benzene, chlorine, lead, fluoride, etc. all the chemical which are dissolved in water are responsible for the change in pH level. pH is usually measured in logarithmic scale. We can say that pre carbon filters enhance the pH of the water.
Q6. Is Charcoal Filter different than Carbon Filter?
No, Charcoal is another name for activated Carbon Filter most of the people usually gets confused when coming to charcoal and coal but these both are same. There are some other related keywords with respect to Carbon Filter such as Activated Carbon Filter, Charcoal Filter, Coal Filter, Carbon Pre filter, Granular carbon Filter and many more.
Q7. How long does carbon Filter last in RO Water purifier?
The lifecycle of Carbon Filter depends upon the quality of water and the consumption. The Carbon Filters usually lasts for around 3 months to 6 months on a regular consumption. The GAC Granular activated carbon and the other on Carbon Block Filter are the same shelf life. Carbon Filter Price are really affordable if you choose a good brand with respect to Specification.
Q8. What is the difference between Domestic and Industrial Carbon Filters?
Domestic Activated carbon filters are those filters which are used in Domestic RO Water purification System. Domestic water Carbon filters are smaller in size as compared to the industrial one. Mostly preferred filters are the GAC Filters which are mostly seen in domestic RO. On the other hand, Industrial Carbon Filters are mostly in Block form and in Filter Media Form. The activated carbon blocks are bigger in size and are mostly set as per the micron size and the capacity.
Q9. What is the role of GAC Filter in Domestic RO Water System?
RO Water Filters usually comprises of 3-5 set of filters which includes Sediment Filter, Carbon Filter, Cartridge Filter, and RO Membrane. All the Filters have their own role in cleaning and purifying the water. These inline filters are set according in a specific manner for the excellency. Sediment Filter removes the major sediments form the water, Cartridge Filter removes all the large particles which can comes from water pipeline and tap such as metals or maybe bits of rust. Then comes the RO Carbon Filter which remove all the VOCs from the water and make it odour free and replenish its taste and in the last RO Membrane reduces the TDS of the water making the water purified and clean.
Q10. Which are the best RO Carbon Filters for household RO and Industrial purposes?
We should choose the Activated Carbon Filters which gives the maximum efficiency at best Carbon Filter price. They should have an incredibly good servicing capacity and should fit all type of RO systems.
Activated Carbon Filters which can remove VOCs, Chemicals, enhances the taste and odour, replenish its colour, maintains the pH and so on.
Pearl Water Technologies is a premium manufacturer of distinct types of Carbon Filter which domestic as well as Industrial. Carbon Filter Prices are best amongst everyone. All the products are ISO Certified and are delivered PAN India.
1. Carbon Filter CLASSIC - Carbon Filter CLASSIC is made by a Special Process from Coal, Coconut Shell, and Fruit shells so it effectively removes the organic matter, residual chlorine, and other radioactive substances in the water. Comes in an Ideal size of 10 inches (25cm) which can be easily fit in all the standard RO water Purification Systems. Quite easy to install and comes with a Micron Rating of five. Usually lasts from 3-6 months depending upon the use. Its appearance is black amorphous particles with pore structure and good adsorption performance. It is used in the third stage of the water filter and plays the role of protecting the RO membrane and has a good service life of 6000 LTR. Removes Objectionable Taste And odour from water.
2. Carbon Filter ULTRA - Carbon Filter ULTRA has a huge service life of 8000 LTR which is enough to full fill your requirements. Made with Coal and Biodegradable material such as Coconut Shells and Fruit Shells. The appearance is black amorphous particles. The size of this ULTRA Carbon Filter is 27 cm for all the type of RO Water Filter System. Provides an ULTRA Purification by removing distinct types of organic matter, residual chlorine, and other radioactive substances in the water, and has the effect of decolorization and deodorization. Effectively replenish colour of the water and removes any sort of odour. easy to install and long lasting with a range of 4-8 months.
INDUSTRIAL Carbon Filters –
Comes with a great Iodine Value of 800. This filter media has a purity index of 99.99%. used in many industries and for wide application from water treatment to medical use, air purification to sewage treatment. In water treatment systems like RO Plants or water softeners its placed upstream of ion exchange or membranes to remove chlorine. Due to this the adsorption process becomes more effective and even the smaller quantities of activated carbon can get much higher surface area and better results in water treatment.
A heavy-Duty Activated Carbon Filter Block which can remove the Particles with a micron range of 0.5-50. This product is remarkably effective at eliminating chlorine and gives you clean and germs free water.
It Purifies active organic compounds and pesticides. the best filter for tasting water. A comparatively low-cost way to filter water. Portable and lightweight filtration technology (great for travel or desktop systems). It also holds the nutrients that previously exist within it rather than removing everything aside. Additionally, charcoal sums to minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and iron.
Effective in Removing Chlorine, Dust, bad odour. Any Particles Sizing equal or more than 5 Micron Get easily Captured. It Purifies active organic compounds and pesticides. The best filter for tasting water. Portable and lightweight filtration technology. This comes with actual size which has a micron capacity of 0.5 to 50.